SFNA General Meeting
Wednesday, May 11, 6:30pm-8pm
The next general meeting of the Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association is scheduled for Wednesday, May 11 from 6:30pm-8pm. The plan is to meet via Zoom.
Items to be discussed include…
- Status of speed limit change to 25MPH
- Speeding along Kilbourne Road
- Status of road repairs
- Updates to Welcome Packet
- SFNA Forest Friends program to promote maintaining and adding to the natural forest cover in the neighborhood
- Upcoming events including National Night Out
If you have an issue you would like discussed at the meeting please let us know!
SFNA Adopt-A-Highway Clean Up
Saturday, May 21, 9:30-11am
Join your neighbors in keeping our beautiful neighborhood clean! It usually takes each volunteer less than an hour and it can really make a difference. Plus, it’s an easy way to meet your neighbors and a chance to do good.
Meet at the Piggly Wiggly parking lot at 9:30am. Pickers and bags will be supplied. Please wear appropriate attire.
Contact Dave Nelson at 803 447-4793 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information or any questions.
UofSC Belser Arboretum Open House
Sunday, May 15, 1-4pm
All are welcome to join us at Open House the 3rd Sunday of every month. Gates are open at Bloomwood Road and Wilmot Avenue.
Richland Recycles Day
Saturday, May 14, 8am-noon
Richland County residents only (ID required) can drop off a variety of household items for Richland Recycles Day at the S.C. State Fairgrounds.
Materials accepted at this event:
- Electronics (computers, printers, televisions, telephones)
- Scrap metal (appliances, bicycles, metal chairs, metal shelving, lawn mowers with no gasoline or oil)
- Tires (car, light truck, motorcycle)
- Household hazardous waste (paints, stains, sealers, solvents, household cleaners, household chemicals, pool chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, acids, bases, mercury, fire extinguishers, propane tanks)
- Paper to shred (limit five boxes or bags per household)
For more information, call or see the Facebook event.
Midlands Gives Day
May 3, 2022
Midlands Gives is an annual giving day presented by the Central Carolina Community Foundation to raise money and awareness for local nonprofits. Select your beneficiary from 540+ Midlands-area organizations active in areas including community, faith, health, environment, arts and more.
The Crier goes out around the first of every month to keep neighbors and friends up do date on neighborhood events, and other events and information of interest.
If you have anything to share with your neighbors, please pass it along and we may include it in a future Crier.
Tell your friends and neighbors to subscribe. No membership required, but of course we would like everybody to join! New neighbor? Let us know and we’ll send out the welcome wagon.
Why should you join the SFNA? Benefits of the SFNA.